Welcome to “Texan in Tokyo!”
This is a personal blog run by, well, me (Grace Buchele Mineta). As a part-time blogger and freelance writer, I enjoy backpacking, writing my life on the internet for strangers to read, drawing comics, and cooking with my husband. I used to live in Tokyo with my boyfriend (who later became my husband) but we moved to the outskirts of Tokyo – think rice fields and open spaces – in 2015.
For more on “us,” check out the About the Author page.
Looking for some light reading?
I write about a lot of things, ranging from interracial dating to living in Japan. My tops posts are (as broken by category):
Long Distance Relationships
- 13 Surprising Benefits of being in a Long Distance Relationship
- Don’t Blame the Distance: 6 Tips for Skyping during a Long Distance Relationship
- The Hardest Part of a Long Distance Relationship: 12 steps for making it work
- The Four Stages of Long-Distance: Surviving the Separation
Things I “___” about Japan
- Things I Love about Japan: Melon Soda
- Things I Hate about Japan: Chikan (Perverts)
- Things I Love about Japan: Couple Wear
- Things I Hate about Japan: Tsuyu (Rainy Season)
- Things I don’t Understand about Japan: The Japanese Break-up Method
- Comic: Ryosuke shaves his beard
- Comic: Sherlock Holmes’ Voice in Japanese
- Comic: Don’t climb up the walls, Spiderman!
- Comic: I’m too competitive
- Comic: The dangers of the first wind of spring
- Comic: Cultural problems with tacos in Japan
- Comic: Having a girlfriend isn’t THAT expensive…
- Comic: The problem with cheap hostals
- Comic: My husband’s inner child
- Comic: My husband and I are equally weird
- The Emotional “Cost” of Blogging: The not-so-secret downside to writing about your life on the internet
- Why I won’t mention people’s names on my blog
- Things to think about BEFORE starting a Study Abroad Blog
- Tips for maintaining a blog during your Study Abroad
- 8 Questions Interracial Couples are Tired of Hearing
- Fighting: Things my Japanese Husband and I Culturally Disagree About
- “Do Japanese Men make good Boyfriends?” And other Awkward questions about interracial dating
- Interracial Relationships in Japan: Who is dating who?
- Asian Male/White Female Couples: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- AMWF Couples: An Unfinished Wikipedia Article
- 5 Weird Japanese Beauty Products that look Suspiciously like Torture Devices
- Sexist Signs on Japanese Trains
- How to do Japanese Onsen (without offending anyone)
- 6 Things you should know before you Study Abroad in Japan
- 5 Foods you can’t miss in Osaka!
- My Big, Fat Texas Wedding (Ryosuke and I finally tied the knot!)
- The “Butterfly Effect:” What a racing heart and a fluttery stomach do to a Relationship
- 7 Reasons the Foreign Butler Cafe (in Shibuya, Tokyo) is Awkward…
- How to get your case on the Judge Judy TV show
- 6 Things you shouldn’t say to your Recently Engaged Friend
- 10 Reasons Packing up to Move to a Foreign Country Sucks more than you Think it Does
Questions about comments?
I close comments on posts after 2 months but if you have any questions, you can always email me at Texan.Tokyo@gmail.com
Thanks for checking out “Texan in Tokyo” and enjoy!
40 Comments on New Here?
2 Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Review: My Japanese Husband Thinks I’m Crazy by Grace Buchele Mineta + Happy New Year! | Greece Meets Taiwan
- What would attract a White girl to an Asian guy? - The Dutchinese Couple
Comments are closed.