Comic: You spelled their name wrong

YB_4_22 japan comic comics cartoon texan in tokyo  business email problems misspell name

This happens WAY more times than I am willing to admit.

I truly am awful at spelling and never seem to catch mistakes – even when I’m giving it a final lookover before sending. It’s rather awkward.

Also, I’ve been sick in bed for the last ~4 days with a severe case of strep throat. Again. Ugh. Fingers crossed that I will be up tomorrow and able to do a bit of work (I’m basically behind on EVERYTHING right now…).

Please send good thoughts / prayers my way!

———————————

Like these comics? Check out my comic books (on Amazon):

My Japanese Husband Thinks I’m Crazy: The Comic Book

and

My Japanese Husband (still) Thinks I’m Crazy

and

Confessions of a Texan in Tokyo

20 Comments on Comic: You spelled their name wrong

1. Once, my coworker wanted to type out “I don’t like that shirt” on an email to a broker we work with. Instead, she typed out “I don’t like that shit.” Awkward.

Similar typo happened to a different coworker where they wanted to type out “Shirt” in the description, but put “shit” instead. Awkward when it got published. Eep.

2. Working at home can be fun and nice. You can listen to some music, you can focus more on work, because you do not have a bunny every 30 minutes asking you advice on something. But every 2 hours you need fresh air for 15 minutes. Or your throat problem will get worse. I have been free of that problems for 3 years now. Try to keep a window open, or if it is cold outside, only get close to a window and open as much as you need to put a finger to the outside, instead of going ooutside.
    Hope it works for you.

3. lakerzombie // 25 August, 2015 at 4:51 am //

I like to think that spelling mistakes mean you’re hyper focused on your ideas and what you want to say rather than the technical aspects of it. In other words, you’re too busy being awesomely creative to sweat the details. Yep thats how I convince myself its ok ….hehe

4. English is not my mother tongue, so I mostly make spelling mistakes when writing in it. It`s harder to make such mistakes when writing in Macedonian because the alphabet has one glyph (sign) per sound (phoneme). That being said the most common mistake is that you might forget to write a letter (sometimes we joke and say “I must have been too hungry, so I ate a letter).
    I hope you get better soon Grace.

5. Anonymous // 23 August, 2015 at 10:47 am //

I know how you feel with the spelling! I’m lucky because my boyfriend is really good at proof reading, he even considered do it for a living for a while, so he proof reads every important email and job application I send! Also get well soon! Sending you healing vibes :)

6. Ahaha, the bunny is so cute!
    That also happens to me. No matter how many times I check for typos, there will always be one I didn’t catch and I only get to see it when I print my stuff. It truly sucks when it happens. D:

ALSO, get well sooon!

7. Spell check?

It sucks being sick often, hope you get better soon. The tonsils are a vital part of your immune system, removing them will only make things worse in the long run. Doctors wanted to remove mine when I was young and I’m glad my parents refused. I used to get sick all the time until I made changes in my life and took supplements to boost my immune system which I still take. I’m not sure what’s available in Japan, but its possible if you work at it. :) Another thing that helped me was creating a food diary and taking notes of how I felt 15 to 60 minutes after eating. Eliminating what I noticed and trying things out with new foods. When the body is irritated by what we eat and the environment, our immune system is put under stress making it easier to get sick.

Feel free to send me a message any questions.

• I, too, have found that a really well made comprehensive vitamin supplement has boosted my immune system and prevented recurring canker sores for many years now. I can send you the info if you’d like.

8. Jessicavy // 23 August, 2015 at 2:47 am //

Oh, spelling nightmares! You are not alone. When I was a child my spelling was so bad that my mother had me taken to a center to be tested to “make sure I wasn’t retarded”. I think she actually meant “check if I had a learning disability” (I didn’t) but my mother was never one for political correctness . . .

I hope you feel better soon. Strep is the worst ><

9. Hoping you feel better soon! Strep is no fun. Don’t work too hard, rest and then catch up when you can.

10. I hope you’ll soon be better Grace ! Sending you prayers from Morocco !

11. Get well soon ^^ I tend to not catch my mistakes and to forget to join the document I am supposed to send. Another reason I am a stay at home mom.

12. Odaijini… Take care n get well soon..

13. I do that. It’s really embarrassing when it’s your boss.

14. Anonymous // 22 August, 2015 at 9:29 pm //

Feel better

15. Richard A. // 22 August, 2015 at 9:26 pm //

You’ve got them – – Tons of wishes for speedy and long-lasting recovery. Any thoughts from the medics about reasons for repetitive episodes? Environmental or dietary factors? Wrong laundry detergent? (You may find answers in the strangest places . . .) Maybe more chicken soup – – (it’s still nobody we know . . .).

• Apparently my tonsils had some sort of “break” about eight months ago – and since then, I’ve gotten strep throat every two months like clockwork. After time #2, doctor recommended getting them removed. This is now time #4 and I finally agree with him.

• Moria Sexton // 22 August, 2015 at 10:48 pm //

When you get your tonsils removed. I hope it will be a speedy recovery. I had mine taken out when I was in kindergarden (29yrs ago). Get well soon.

• Richard A. // 22 August, 2015 at 11:27 pm //

Ah, yes . . looks like your next Great Adventure may be a tonsillectomy. Been there, done that, but it was at age 5 back in the days when tonsils came out almost automatically around that age. All I remember about it is starting to cry as the ether mask came down over my face (the anesthetic application method du jour back then) and crying until I woke up to a bowl of ice cream my Dad had brought into the recovery room, which made everything better (and may have established the addiction that continues to this day). Your anesthetic will no doubt be different, but be sure Ryosuke brings in a cool, smooth comfort treat like popsicle, jello, pudding (since it turns out ice cream isn’t really a good idea, especially for adult tonsillectomy, and wouldn’t be a good fit for you anyway . . .) and, believe it or not, chicken soup (broth only in this case).
        P.S. Re: Spelling – – you’ve got lots of company; we all do it, and I think there’s a gremlin that sneaks in after the spell check is done, to be sure there’s at least one error . . . .

• Grace I feel so sorry for you having to go through all this. Strep is bad. If you get them removed I agree with Richard; Ryosuke needs to make sure you have Popsicle,anything cool or cold and no Ice cream unless its soy or coconut then have it. And chicken broth is good too.

I had streptococcus that was kinda like meningitis is what the doctor said it was just terrible but kept my tonsils though. I just hope the best for you and if you have to have surgery don’t worry about your blog or youtube page or even webtoons. When your sick you need to take care of you first or it will just come back full force if your not totally healed.
        US>>>Your loyal friends and fans understand that you need to take care of your health, so please do….not for our sake but for your own and Ryosuke. We love you both.

And now on the other note when it comes to spelling, in the world where things are always set on chaos, you are not alone from sending things or writing things that have misspelled word or words. We rush to get things done its gonna a happen, at least on the computer it won’t do that auto-correct thing that some Smart phones and Androids do.

Please take care of you…. we will always be here with bells on, happy ears open, eyes ready and a BIG smile on our faces when you are back and 100% better; with great videos, blog posts and comics for us to read, listen to,laugh and smile. <3