Good news everyone!
Book sales for book number one (My Japanese Husband Thinks I’m Crazy) were good enough to justify publishing another book! I did an “unofficial” poll on my Texan in Tokyo Facebook page – and the title “My Japanese husband STILL Thinks I’m Crazy” won by a landslide.
I am self-publishing the book “My Japanese Husband STILL Thinks I’m Crazy.”
The tentative release date is February 25th, 2015.
(in a month and a half – maybe earlier, depending on how the drawing/editing/formatting goes)
- The book will be 188 pages. I thought the last book I published was a tad bit short, so I wanted to add an extra 30 pages. Just like the last book, most of these pages will be comics (we’re looking at ~150 pages of comics, ~38 pages of text).
- About 60% of the comics will be new, exclusives comics JUST for this book. Why? Motivation to buy the book. Also, I’m drawing about 10 comics a week these days (hey, it’s REALLY fun!) and am only able to publish 3-4 a week. That’s a lot of leftover comics. Hence another book. Maybe someday I will set up a another website just for comics, so I can publish every day, but I don’t want to overwhelm/bore y’all with posting comics every day.
- I’m not using Kickstarter. I am self-publishing using Createspace and selling on Amazon. While I loved the support and funds I got from all y’all on Kickstarter… trying to fulfil rewards was incredibly overwhelming and frustrating. Shipping was supposed to take between one and two weeks – but some books arrived after three months. Some books are still missing. I’ve lost quite a bit of both time and money re-drawing/reshipping about 40 books in the last two months. I can’t do that again. If I sell on Amazon, I ship a box to an Amazon warehouse and Amazon is in charge of shipping. One day I might set up an online site on my blog and sell signed copies of the books… but not for now.
- I need reviews. Congrats on making it this far in the post! Good for you. As a reward (?), I want to send you a PDF of the new book – in mid February. All I ask is that you please, please, please write an “honest review” (1-2 sentences about how you really feel – I don’t want any blindly loyal 5 stars) on Amazon.com and/or post a review on your blog. Since I’m self-publishing, I need to rely on word-of-mouth and good reviews to boost sales.
- If you want a PDF of the book, please send me an email at Grace.Buchele@gmail.com
Thank you very much y’all! I feel lucky to have such awesome group of supporters. Here are some of the comics!
Click here if you want to pre-order a print copy of My Japanese Husband STILL Thinks I’m Crazy